Effective September 7, 2011
This Web site is managed by CashEdge Inc., in connection with the Popmoney service provided by participating financial institutions. Your privacy and security are of the utmost importance to CashEdge, and we are committed to safeguarding any information that we obtain about you in connection with the service. In order for you to use the Popmoney service, you will need to provide certain personal information about yourself and your bank account at this Web site. That information will only be used in connection with the service, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law for everyday business purposes.
Federal law requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The Personal Information CashEdge Receives
- You can visit this site and read about the Popmoney service without having to volunteer any information about yourself. If you decide to participate in the service, you may be asked to provide personal information, which may be used to verify your identity as the authorized recipient or sender of funds, to direct payments to and from your account, and for fraud prevention purposes. Personal information may include: name, social security number, driver's license number, birth date, information about your accounts, address, mobile number, email address, and other personally identifiable information (collectively "personal information"). Other information that may be gathered may include: the User ID, password, and security questions and answers that you create. We also may collect information, such as IP address or browser type, on your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes.
This information may be verified with third parties, such as credit reporting agencies, financial institutions, reference sources and clearinghouse services.
The Use and Disclosure of Your Information
- Your personal information will be used to process Popmoney transfers made by participating financial institutions. It also may be used to communicate with you regarding changes to the Popmoney service, the terms of this Web site, and this Policy. It will not be sold or provided to others for marketing purposes.
- The information described in the preceding section may be disclosed: to participating financial institutions in order for them to effect, administer or enforce your Popmoney transaction; to companies that help us maintain this Web site or process your information, provided they agree to abide by this Policy; and as permitted by applicable law for everyday business purposes (for example, to prevent fraud or respond to legal process, such as a subpoena).
- We treat information involving the former users of this Web site and the Popmoney service the same way we treat information about the current users of the service.
Making changes to your personal information
- It is important that your personal and account information remain accurate and up-to-date. You can access, review and update your information at any time by visiting the Popmoney Web site and clicking on "Preferences". If you have any problems updating your profile, contact email@example.com.
Discontinuance of Service
- You can discontinue your use of the Popmoney service by calling 1-877-675-6378.
- Your access to this Web site and the Popmoney service may be suspended or terminated with or without cause at any time. This may happen, for example, if your identity cannot be confirmed or the action is necessary to protect the security of this site or the service. Please note that the site may not be available at all hours due to maintenance and other reasons.
CashEdge Security Measures
- We limit access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees who have a business reason for knowing that information. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard the nonpublic personal information we maintain regarding you. Among other things, we encrypt the information you submit to us. Your Popmoney password also is one-way encrypted (this type of encryption prevents even us from deciphering your password). For information on the specifics of our security architecture, please click on the "Security" link on the upper right corner.
- It is important that you maintain the security and confidentiality of your password. Never record it on or near your computer, and never share it with anyone. Our employees and participating banks will never ask you for it. You should change your password periodically by clicking on "Preferences."
- After you have finished accessing your information at this site, please remember to log off. This will help prevent someone else from accessing your information. To preserve your privacy, you will be logged off automatically when you have been inactive for a period of time. For security reasons, you may be denied access to your information after 3 unsuccessful log-in attempts.
- If you have any reason to believe the security of your personal information, password or security questions/answers may have been breached, contact us by calling 1-877-675-6378.
Links to Third Party Sites
Changes to This Policy